This Sunday will mark the end of our current 6-week programming cycle and a new one will begin on Tuesday. We have made a few adjustments for the upcoming 6-week cycle in an effort to keep your training well rounded, effective, and interesting!
Strength Work Updates:
– Strength work will include: Back Squat, Close Grip Bench Press, Snatch, Sumo Deadlift, Front Squat, and Push Press.
– Going forward we will rotate some movements every 6 weeks.
Skill Work Updates:
– The focus of the Snatch work will be getting under the bar (balances, drops, and overhead squats).
– The focus of the Clean work will be on the Jerk/Split Jerk and putting the Clean and Jerk together.
– Handstand and Handstand Pushups will replace kipping practice.
– Pistols/one legged squats will replace Double Under practice.
– Deadhang Pullups and Dip work will remain.
– Going forward we will rotate skill work from cycle to cycle.
A couple other notes:
– Please limit your time to work on extra lifts or skills to the mornings before 12:30pm or the weekends. We have specifically dedicated the first half of all Saturday/Sunday classes for this express purpose.
– If those alternative times don’t work for you, then please do your extra work on the racks and platforms in the back of the gym. As always, regularly scheduled WODs, Barbell Club, and Bootcamps have priority on all space and equipment. Please don’t put your fellow athletes, or the Coaches, in a position of having to ask you to move.
– Keep in mind that after your workout is over, particularly in the evenings and on weekends, there is another group getting started. Try to keep your conversations to a minimum and your voices low so that your fellow athletes can hear the Coaches!
Click here to view the next 6 week template of our upcoming skill and strength cycle. You will also see the time domains for each day’s conditioning workouts. By posting, we hope to help you with planning your training days in advance.
If you have questions, please post them here so everyone can be part of the discussion!